Thinking of outsourcing HR? Here’s why that’s a good idea.
When it comes to a fully functioning HR team, its becoming increasingly difficult for new companies and startups to operate at the pace of a long-established business. For many small and growing businesses, hiring for HR is not always a top priority. However, human resources plays an imperative role in business development and growth. Whether for HR or other consultancy services, outsourcing professional work is a growing trend. It’s a great option that provides many benefits, such as:
- Time management
- Cost effectiveness
- Reduction of risks
- Increase in efficiency
- Leverage a greater knowledge base
More than this, outsourcing HR provides risk management, employee assistance, and most importantly, confidence that your business practices are compliant. Labour laws are complex, but they don’t have to be.
4 Reasons Why You Should Consider Outsourcing HR
We sat down with Peninsula Canada CEO, Des Shaw, and asked him to share his thoughts on why outsourcing HR is a good business decision, especially for small businesses.
- Time Question: What is the greatest benefit of outsourcing HR for SMBs? Answer: Human resources is one of the vital pillars that sits within a business; it is a foundation. Whether you employ 10 employees or 1,000 employees, you are expected to follow the same employment standards. If you’re spending time dealing with employee issues or learning changing labour laws that you’re unfamiliar with, you’re better off giving this to a specialist. Outsourcing HR gives you time to focus on growing your business and makes it possible to maximize cost saving opportunities across your obligations as an employer.
- Expertise and Efficiency Q: Beyond basic HR functions, what else is involved in human resources? A: HR is not only about hiring and firing. It’s about knowing the ins and outs of employee management. A big part of this is understanding labour laws, employment standards, and having the right policies and procedures in place to increase business productivity. Outsourcing HR provides you with a dedicated team of professionals that will strengthen employee management, and in doing so, allow you to cover more areas of expertise while paying less.
- Prioritization Q: How does having HR support business growth? A: More often than not, small business owners find themselves trying to do 20 things at once. It’s important to prioritize, delegate, and then focus on the tasks that fuel growth. An HR advisor is a valuable resource to support your business with the right people who you’ll feel comfortable giving ownership and responsibility to.
- Agility Q: Describe Peninsula in one word and tell us why. A: Peninsula is agile. We work out what the pressure points are for local businesses and find a solution that fits their HR needs.
When we asked Des why choose Peninsula for outsourcing HR, he replied, “We deliver what we say we will – it’s as simple as that.”